Bank how and when you choose to, with the low fees or extra benefits you want.
Shop online or instore and earn rewards for it, with up to 55 days interest-free credit.
Ways to bank
See how to bank in your own time, 24/7 online, on your phone or on the Money app.
Personalised interest rates for affordable loans from R2,000 to R300,000.
Loan up to 100% of the property value or up to 105% if you are a first-time buyer.
Ways to bank
Talk to us
Bill Payments is a new feature on the Nedbank Money app and Online Banking that gives you complete control of your payments, and lets you earn rewards.
With Bill Payments you:
- can add, edit or remove a bill payment schedule in just a few clicks;
- can choose to pay the amount due if it is less than the maximum amount you set and your service provider shares your bill amount with us. If they don’t, you can set a fixed amount to pay each month so there is no risk of paying more than you want to;
- won’t be charged if there is not enough money in your account on the day of your scheduled payment. If this happens, we won't make the payment and we'll notify you;
- can easily track the bills you’ve paid and share proof of payments; and
- will earn rewards if the card you use is linked to a rewards programme and if you’re eligible for rewards.
- If your service provider returns your bill amount to us, you can set up a schedule to pay the amount due if it is less than the maximum payment amount you set.
- You won’t be charged if there is not enough money in your account on the day of your scheduled payment. If this happens, we won't make a payment and we'll notify you.
- You can easily track the bills you’ve paid and share proof of payments.
- You’ll earn rewards if the card you use is linked to a rewards programme and if you’re eligible for rewards.
Simply search for the service provider or enter the EasyPay or Pay@ number on your bill. Over 500 service providers accept Bill Payments, including:
- SABC (TV licences)
- Insurance companies
There are no additional fees.
Log in to the Money app or Online Banking, go to Transact and then Pay. Select Bill Payments.
Yes, but remember to cancel your recurring payments or debit orders before you use Bill Payments or you’ll pay twice.
Yes, if the card you use to pay your bill is linked to a rewards programme and if you’re eligible for earning rewards on card transactions (card swipes). Cards can be linked to any one of these rewards programmes: American Express Membership Rewards®, Greenbacks or SAA Voyager.
You will earn the same rewards as when you use your card for purchases. Some cards have maximum earning limits and these limits will apply whether you use your card for purchases or Bill Payments. You can use your American Express® Card or upgrade to a card that has no earnings limits to enjoy unlimited rewards.
The points you earn will go to the Card Swiper package because Bill Payments are made with your card.
You can use any of your cards that are able to transact, allow e-commerce purchases and are accepted by your service provider. You may not be able to choose your American Express Card, for example, if the service provider does not accept American Express or if you’ve blocked your card for e-commerce transactions.
Contact your network provider to block your phone’s SIM card and then call the Nedbank Contact Centre on 0800 555 111 so we can block the Money app on your phone. You can then download the Money app once you’ve replaced your phone. You don’t need to block your cards unless they have also been lost or stolen.
Successful payments will show on the statement of your card account within two to four days. Debit and cheque card payments will show on the savings or current account statement they’ve been paid from, and credit card payments will show on your credit card account statement.
Each payment will be shown with the status of the transaction: successful, failed or pending. Pending transactions will change to successful or failed within a few minutes. The status of your transactions can be found in the Bill Payments history tab. If your payment fails, please try again.
We’ll show the available balance of the account you choose. You can change to a different account or make a partial payment if the service provider allows you to edit the payment amount. You won’t be charged if there is not enough money in your account on the day of your scheduled payment. If this happens, we won't make the payment and we'll notify you.
We’ll notify you if a recurring payment could not be processed or if you set up a rule to be reminded to pay a bill. Notifications are sent to the device you use for your Money app and you’ll also see a message in your Money app or Online Banking inbox. Check your permissions to make sure you’ve allowed the Money app to send you notifications.
The available balance on your account is the maximum amount you can pay.
We share only the information needed to process the payment with your service provider.
Paid transactions can be found in the Bill Payments history tab. Successful transactions will also be shown on the statement for the account you used to pay within two to four days.
Your service provider will be notified immediately when you authorise the payment from your card.