Bank how and when you choose to, with the low fees or extra benefits you want.
Shop online or instore and earn rewards for it, with up to 55 days interest-free credit.
Ways to bank
See how to bank in your own time, 24/7 online, on your phone or on the Money app.
Personalised interest rates for affordable loans from R2,000 to R300,000.
Loan up to 100% of the property value or up to 105% if you are a first-time buyer.
Ways to bank
Talk to us
These terms and conditions are important and govern your use of the Nedbank Money app (Money app).
Your attention is drawn in particular to those terms and conditions that could:
- limit Nedbank's (we, us, our) or a third party's risk or liability;
- create risk or liability for you;
- compel you to indemnify us or a third party; and
- mean that you acknowledge a fact.
These terms and conditions are not intended to restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations you may have in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (to the extent that this legislation is applicable).
We want to make mobile banking more accessible to you, and do not want your mobile network provider to charge you for accessing and using our digital and mobile channels once you have downloaded the Money app.
However, please do note the following:
1. If you download the Money app, you will use your data.
2. We have made an arrangement with mobile network operators MTN, Vodacom, Cell C, and Telkom (mobile network operators) and they will not charge you for data and airtime when you access and use the Money app, except when:
2.1 you use Google Maps to locate the nearest branch and ATM or to find branch contact details;
2.2 you use the Live Chat functionality; and
2.3 analytics are used for security and fraud-detection purposes or to track the stability of and user behaviour on the Money app.
3. Our arrangement with mobile network operators applies only to users who use data and airtime through a mobile network operator connection with these specific mobile network operators, and does not apply to other internet connections.
4. We keep the information in 2.1 to 2.3 anonymous and use it for research and statistical purposes only. User details are not captured or tracked.
5. The Nedbank ID credentials (your username and password or Nedbank card and PIN details) you enter when you enrol on or log in to the Money app will be used only for enrolment or login purposes. As a general rule, you should never disclose your Nedbank ID credentials and Nedbank card and PIN details to any third parties.
6. For security reasons, we need your GPS location to give you a better service. If you do not want to give us access to your GPS, we will use other methods to approximate your location for fraud-detection purposes.
7. We recommend that you protect yourself by increasing your mobile device security. Activate a security password to prevent unauthorised third parties from accessing your device and the Money app.
8. On certain mobile devices you can choose to use fingerprint ID verification (Touch ID). This functionality enables you to use your fingerprints to log in to the Money app. For your security, it is important that you do not allow third parties access to your device using their fingerprints. Anyone who can unlock your device with their fingerprint can access your account, make payments and give us instructions. We will treat these third-party fingerprints and resultant transactions as if you have authorised them.
9. While we will take all reasonable steps to apply appropriate security measures, your use of the Money app and related mobile financial services may still expose you to risk.
10. We regularly enhance and update the Money app to ensure the best client experience. As more functionality becomes available, we will ask you to authorise the use of various features on your mobile device for the Money app via the Money app. Sometimes (to give you a better experience) the Money app may temporarily be unavailable for maintenance purposes, but we will notify you when this happens.
11. We have the right to change these terms and conditions, replace, change or discontinue any existing functionality or services on reasonable notice to you and may also offer other mobile services from time to time.
12. The Money app will use your mobile device number to authenticate transactions, so you must ensure that the number you give us is correct. If you do not receive your Approve-it messages, please consult your banker, call 0800 555 111 or visit any branch to update your details.
Except where damage or loss arises directly or indirectly from our (or any person acting for or on our behalf) wilful misconduct or gross negligence, we will not be liable to you for any damage or loss that you may suffer directly or indirectly because of the following:
13.1 Your using the Money app.
13.2 Any person having gained unauthorised access to any information or data.
13.3 Any direct or indirect compromise of your access details.
13.4 Incorrect information having been given to us or to any person, including any credit bureau.
13.5 A delay, failure or malfunction of the Money app, for whatever reason.
13.6 Your breach of these terms and conditions.
13.7 Your abuse of the zero-rating service accessed through the Money app.
13.8 Illegal access to, loss and corruption of your data.
13.9 Your modification or tampering with any operating system software, browser software or any other software packages or programs on your mobile device used to access the Money app.
13.10 Any action taken in terms of clauses 15 and 16.
14. Privacy consent
14.1 You give us consent to process your personal information in relation to your applications for financial products and/or services with us, subject to our privacy policies and within the parameters of applicable laws. The processing will include, without limitation, conducting affordability assessments, credit scorings and any other profile building, that can help us appropriately allocate a product or service offering that is suited to your needs. The consent will also extend to us processing your personal information as we may deem fit for your and/or our legitimate interest.
14.2 You also give us the right to:
14.2.1 collect your personal information from third parties when reasonably necessary and/or if it is impractical to collect the data directly from you;
14.2.2 share your personal information with third parties if necessary, to provide financial products or services to you;
14.2.3 process your personal information for purposes of complying with any legislative or regulatory requirements;
14.2.4 transfer and/process your personal information outside the Republic of South Africa, where necessary, on condition that such transfer and/or processing is subject to applicable laws binding corporate rules or binding agreement;
14.2.5 process your special personal information (such as race, ethnic origin, biometric information or alleged criminal behaviour), only where necessary and subject to our privacy policies and applicable laws.
14.3 You have the right to:
14.3.1 request confirmation from us, free of charge, whether or not we hold your personal information;
14.4 request the record or a description of your personal information held by us;
14.4.1 request information about all third parties who have, or have had, access to your personal information;
14.4.2 correct or delete your personal information;
14.4.3 withdraw your consent at any time by providing notice to us;
14.4.4 object to your personal information to be held by us;
14.4.5 lay a complaint at the Information Regulator regarding your personal information in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000.
15. Freezing, suspension, modification, restriction and termination
15.1 You may terminate your use of the Money app at any time without giving us notice.
15.2 We may freeze, suspend, modify or restrict your access to the Money app or terminate your access to the Money app immediately at any time without prior notice to you due to, including but not limited to, the following circumstances:
15.2.1 Our being compelled to do so by law.
15.2.2 Our having reasonable suspicion that the Money app is being used for illegal, unlawful or fraudulent purposes; and
15.2.3 Your conduct resulting in a breach of our regulatory obligations.
15.3 We will give you reasonable prior notice if we want to freeze, suspend, modify or restrict your access to the Money app or terminate your access to the Money app due to, including but not limited to, the following circumstances, as determined at our sole discretion:
15.3.1 Our being compelled to do so by law.
15.3.2 Reputational risks or operational or business reasons.
15.3.3 You no longer having a Nedbank account.
15.3.4 You no longer qualifying for a Nedbank account according to our product specifications.
15.3.5 You no longer qualifying for the Nedbank Money App.
15.3.6 Your breaching any of these terms and conditions.
15.3.7 Your breaching any other agreement with us.
15.3.8 Your breaching any of the other service channel and/or product terms and conditions.
15.3.9 Your doing anything (or allowing anything to be done) that we think may damage or affect the operation or security of the Money app.
16. Product withdrawal or discontinuation
16.1 If it becomes uneconomical or commercially impractical for us to provide the product or service offered in these terms and conditions or if we are cannot continue to offer the product or service for whatever reason, we may terminate the product or service on reasonable notice to you.
16.2 We will give you information of comparable products.
16.3 If you do not select an alternative product or service, we will be entitled to move you to a product or service that we identify as suitable for your needs.
17. Contact us
If you need more information, have any questions, suspect fraud or unauthorised access to your Money app, call the Nedbank Contact Centre on 0800 555 111 or visit a Nedbank branch.
18. Alternative dispute resolution
18.1 We have a complaint process that is available through the Nedbank Contact Centre, any Nedbank branch or at www.nedbank.co.za.
18.2 If you have a dispute or a complaint regarding your Nedbank Money App, you will need to send us a written statement setting out the dispute or the complaint. We undertake to investigate your dispute or complaint within a reasonable time, keep you informed during the investigation and provide you with a final written response.
18.3 Should you not be satisfied with the response referred to above, you have the right to contact the Ombud for Banking Services and/or the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and/or the National Consumer Tribunal using the details below:
Ombud for Banking Services
Tel: +27 (0)860 800 900
+27 (0)11 712 1800
34 Fricker Road,
Financial Sector Conduct Authority
Tel: 012 428 8000
012 428 8012
080 020 2087
080 011 0443
Fax: 012 347 0221
Block B, Riverwalk Office Park, 41 Matroosberg Road, Ashlea Gardens, Pretoria, 0081
Postal address: PO Box 35655, Menlo Park, 0102
National Consumer Tribunal
Tel: 010 006 0484
Fax: +27 (0)12 663 5693
Lakefield Office Park,
272 West Avenue, corner West Avenue and Lenchen Avenue North, Centurion
Terms and conditions applicable to the lifestyle section
1. When entering the Lifestyle section on the Money app, you acknowledge that you are participating in a value-added service (VAS) that we offer. The service is called Hey Ned and is an interface to the Hey Jude App powered by Inzone Adlink (Pty) Ltd and/or PLP SA (Pty) Ltd (‘IA-PLP’).
2. Accordingly, before you can use the offerings and services, you must first accept the Hey Jude terms and conditions.
3. By accepting the Hey Jude terms and conditions, you consent to us sharing your personal information with IA-PLP to facilitate your registration, and you acknowledge that you are using IA-PLP digital services inside the Money app’s Lifestyle section.
4. Any changes to your personal details made in Hey Ned will not affect the information that you gave us for your Nedbank accounts.
5. While the Money app is free in terms of data usage, the chat capability and interactions in Hey Ned will use data at the rates that your mobile network operator charges.
6. All complaints and questions about Hey Ned should be directed to IA-PLP at their contact details given in the app. We give you access to the VAS only and are not responsible for your experience when using it.
7. If you want to cancel your Hey Ned subscription, it is your responsibility to ensure cancellation of your subscription by giving notice. You can give notice by following the prompts under the More section in the app. If you do not cancel your subscription, the monthly fee will be deducted from your banking account until you cancel the subscription.
8. If you are an existing Hey Jude subscriber and you would like to make use of the Nedbank Hey Ned offering, you will need to cancel your previous subscription to the Hey Jude app. If you do not cancel it, you will be charged a monthly fee for your existing Hey Jude subscription and also for your new Hey Ned subscription.